Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Orleans Keeps on Keeping On, subscribing..and we got a flat!

Hello from the big easy.

First things first, I think if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you'll see a link that says subscribe to this post. If you click on that, you can select what kind of feed you want. I went with google... Then I think you get a link on top of your home page that you can then click on to see if new posts are up. I'll still be sending the notifications for a bit while I work out the kinks, but this is another option. And please, send me comments about if this works or any tricks you discover.

Now to New Orleans...we arrived yesterday and seems all I've been doing is eating since then, so not much has changed here as far as I can tell! Actually, Hirsh took us on a driving tour today of the worst hit areas and it was sobering to see the huge patches of land that were once neighborhoods, now looking like ancient ruins, with overgrown grass climbing up around bits and pieces of the houses that once stood there.

We did see the fab Rebirth Brass band last night after a great meal of fried oysters and shrimp and crawfish etoufee...and of course, today, we fulfilled my po boy jones. Tongiht's more music at the rock and bowl where perhaps we'll even bowl a few rounds while listening to a live keyboard player.

While I've been engaging in gluttony, American style, Adi has been hard at work preparing for my arrival. The great news is he signed a lease on a flat in the area of town we were hoping to be- just about 2 miles from the Pacific, near a cool (ostensibly) neighborhood block of cafes and such and close to public transport. It looks great, although cozy, but thats okay since most of my things are under my house in boulder anyway...check it out by clicking the link:
http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=4038822

Off to eat some more...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for finding a "flat" -- you are so Australian already!